Fox

Fox

Thursday, February 4, 2010

College!!!


Well I had a pretty exciting time this week with Megan Diuguid it was really sad to see her leave today. However last night as I was trying to download something for Thais, I noticed a e-mail from BYU about my status to BYU-I. As I opened the e-mail and it told me that I got accepted to BYU-I. I started to scream the excitement I felt and the relief that I got into college was amazing and put into perspective I am graduating and growing up. I have been having emotional melt downs that I wasn't good enough to go to A University. I have always taken hard classes such Dual Credit and AP but have always struggled. My GPA is never what I wanted it, and my ACT score scared me. However I put trust into my Heavenly Father and I know he will put me where he wants me to go. Most Teens in the church think oh BYU-I, I would rather go to BYU- Provo. but President Eyering has come out and said that the people at BYU-I are the most spiritual individuals and truly will be successful. How great to know that I was accepted to that school. My heart, I will have to admit has always been to go to BYU-Provo. However the more of my friends that go there it kind of turns me away from it. Idaho might be a small town, but that's how I have lived my whole life, I think Heavenly Father knows what's best for me and if I get accepted into BYU- Provo I will be very happy, but will still have to ask the Lord if that is the place for me. Faith is very key in my life and i rely on it everyday t keep me on the right track.
Oh I forgot to finish the story :) ... well after I saw the e-mail I ran up stairs and screamed to Megan and she asked "What What, is the house burning down?" I said no I got into BYU-I and then she began to scream. I love that girl she is truly amazing and I wish deeply that she would go to BYU-I with me, however BYU is just not for her. She loves Texas (I don't know why ;)) but she has lived here her whole life and her family is here. Well the journey of growing up has official started.
Love Shanel

No comments:

Post a Comment