Fox

Fox

Friday, January 7, 2011

Facing Fears and doing it Flawlessly

So since I have been home I have hung out with family, recerted for my job and hung out with Megan Duiguid! So I have been a life guard for the past 2-3 years and I pretty much know the saves in any situations. Well last week I had to go to in service and my boss did something I have never done before! She usually throws a weight at the bottom of the pool and we dive to get it and then come up on our backs as if it was a victim! Well this time she threw 2 weights that's a total of 18 pounds, sure doesn't sound bad... Yeah Right!! Well it comes to be my turn and so she throws them and I swim out dive down and I notice they are spread a part so I swim back to the top get a breath and then find both of them. I push of the bottom and shoot up, right when I get to the top I am pulled right back down by the weights.. I didn't get a breath so you can imagine what happens.. Yepp I freaked out! For the very first time in my life I have felt what it feels like to drown! So I finally just drop the weights and swim straight to the top!! I am beat red and shaking.. my boss just tells me to get one at a time and so I do and then swim back to the group!! After that I did not want to do it ever again I was about to say I'm done life guarding haha.. But I didn't I prayed about it and I felt everything would be okay.. So this week comes a long and I am dreading the weights.. However one of the girls says hey try it with goggles and so I do and I swim out and I dive straight to the bottom and see both weights I grab them and then shoot to the top and swim towards the side well I find it hard to get a breath of air so I simply drop one of the weights and hand it to my boss then get the second one!! Awesome no fear and no worry! Then after in-service I had to re certify as a life guard that means going through all the saves! Well lets just say I did pretty good! It was awesome! I faced something I became terrified at and then faced it and did better the 2nd time! I think that is all part of our learning process and shows me I still have to work for things!
I am loving being home so far! The weather is amazing and my online class seem to be going pretty well right now! I'm working out and just enjoying Texas its awesome! My mom has seem to become pretty chill with me which is very nice! I think its because I'm in college now haha =)
Well hope life is going good
Love Shanel Sue...

No comments:

Post a Comment