Fox

Fox

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Shanel is a live/ Katies 17th birthday

So after being on 4 different medication for the last week I am a live haha, now I am down to two medication which is very nice due to I don't sleep all the time now. So my best friends in the world made me feel better and Thais and I also got to surprise katie with her sweet 17 birthday.

So Friday Thais and I prepared to for Katies surprise. We got the supplies and then ran home to decorate and get ready, everyone began to show up and Katies family pitched in to help get katie to my house by 8:30 from babysitting. She seriously had no idea since we told her we were going out on sat, that friday was just a girls movie night. So we had lots of cake and junk food, then went and watched Blind Side. We all had fun messing around and trying to watch the movie haha. One of katies good friends couldn't make it that night and so we made a plan. well that night thais and katie spent the night which was a blast. we woke up watched conference. Thais and Katie left to change and see Megans new puppies. Then came back for me and we were off to have lunch with Justin since he didn't make it to the party. We went and ate at this chicken place then back to Justins house where we watched General Conference. Wow how the talks of Holland touch me so much, he is so wise and has a deep love for all of us. All the talks have so much meaning to our lives and to help us become stronger.
A couple of thoughts came to my head during the time of these talks especially the one on preisthood. Young men who choose to not serve a full time mission have nothing to offer me. If I have saved my self for this man in my life he must be able to scarifce or even more willing to go on a mission it shows commitment to the lord who has asked every worth young man to serve. As a young women I need to keep my self worth and virtue to be worthy of a young man that loves the lord so much, and is willing to give anything for him. Now that I am getting closer and closer to college its crazy how your mind changes and murtures.

Anyways after General conference was over I had a great time hanging out with girls and Justins brothers they are so much fun especially Sam who danced with us and had compition against us doing work outs (which I am feeling right now haha). After Justin and his brothers left we helped his mom with cookies and redecorating a little bit haha it was fun.

We left after that where we went to the Woodlands and went to the Water Way and got Berrypop (frozen yogurt) we walked around even though there was crazy people going to an anima convention. I felt as if we were being protected Thais Katie and I never let go of each other linking arms and feeling as if there were angels around us guarding us. We went and saw Last Song which made me cry uncontroably due to my dad situation. Thank goodness for great friends who are understanding and great. The boys drove us to our car and then we headed to my house where we thought we were going to sleep nope.. Katie called Justin and we stayed up talking to him for a while. haha It was truly a great weekend with friends. Oh and what a great weekend to have General Confernce on Easter weekend :)
Love Shanel

No comments:

Post a Comment