Fox

Fox

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

So Soon but So Far

So this week has been a little crazy the excitement of leaving Texas is kicking in and the drag of work is coming to an end, with in 5 days! I went through the summer working, taking amazing trips, and finding the love of my life and gaining some new friends in the process. I will have to say that the best time was spending time with Geoff. Waking up sometimes to flowers in my room, and a smoothie on the corner of my desk, Geoff waiting for me to get ready, telling me "I'm prettier with out make up". To sitting in the middle seat of Mindy (truck) holding on to his arm and singing with him all the way to Klein. Watching him becoming a busy bee helping to get things done around the house. Helping the Geddies with making dinner and cleaning dishes. Sitting next to mama Geddie in her room and Geoff and I just talking. I loved walking into Geoff's house and the fact that his siblings ran up to me and gave me a big hug! Daniel yelling "Shanel" and then give me a hug, April Signing to me that she loves me or I'm weird, and the girls hanging from my arms and back like little monkeys, or doing their hair and making them smile! I miss the random trips to The Woodlands with Geoff walking down the water way and gazing at the moon, just remembering how much Geoff means to me. Going to the movies and laughing all the way through even at commercials. The way I get frustrated and a little upset and Geoff simply just holds me in his arms and all my worries and frustrations go away! I loved the way Geoff always looked at me, I really can't describe it but I really feel like melting. I loved how we never got mad or yelled at each other, because there was no reason to. We would get frustrated sometimes but within minutes apologize and everything would be okay. My favorite part would be Geoff driving me home and me falling asleep on his shoulder holding his hand and once we got to my house he would grab my hand and dance with me under the stars! As you can tell I'm having one of those I miss my boyfriend moments but I guess its okay we all have them. I never new that going to Justin Nordins house that night after institute would change my life forever. I have fallen hard for a boy and now I have to wait two years to pick things back up and to see if the love is still there. Some people call it summer love, or a fling, but I think this is just a break in time that will pass by super fast and before I know it Geoff will be back and I will be running into his arms. I can't say I know what will happen these next 2 years but I do know that the feelings I have for Geoff will never leave me. Even though our journey ended a little soon, and made us grow even closer to each other then before, I know it was for the best (emotionally). It still is hard though, but no one has ever said this life was easy. I do know that if I do what's right and fallow my heavenly father everything will be okay and turn out for the best.
I leave for college in 7 days, in only a week! I have waited for this day my whole life, and as it seems my life is falling apart, it is really just beginning. The person that I am to become will form and the person I strive to be will show. How exciting and a great point in time to be young and have the world in my hands. I have had plenty of dreams but now I can make them reality! I'm not the typical Mormon girl and see myself going to college to just get married, I see it as a chance to get an education and to become independent! I hope to make my parents proud and also my Heavenly Father, and to live up to the expectation that both of them hold to me. It is god's plan to what happens but is my chose to which path I take! I am excited and will be a little sad here and there but I know it will be great. I will have Chelsie; who is Geoff's best friend, and will help me to get around school and to learn everything I need to know about SNOW!! Yeah I'm still not sure how I feel about that one... But I will live were I get to see every season transform instead of gross humidity to even dreary rainy cold sleet!! The winter semester will be spent off campus and living with Chelsie which will be a journey in its self =). Then I get to experience the transition with Thais when she comes in the Spring to live with me!!! Many plans and many dreams all lead to an amazing adventure filled with learning and more learning, life and education. You may question is this young lady ready to take on the world? I think I am but if I'm not I will have people to help and support me. I also have the best person in the universe!! My Heavenly Father!!!
You may also say this girl thinks she is going to marry every guy she dates, that may seem true but what I have learned is that the more I date people the more I find someone I can see myself with. With Derek he was my best friend and always there for me, and treated me like a princess, when sometimes I didn't deserve it. But I wonder if I just got so attached because I was scared of loosing my best friend or I truly was in love with him. I am still young and I am still learning about the emotions and as time goes on I figure it out step by step.
With Geoff it's a little different the connection is just so bold and indescribable. The love we have for each other is a little different and maybe should have waited, but we know how we feel and we know what our Heavenly Father wants both of us to do. Yes the Journey is so soon, but also the ending is so far! So I keep waiting and keep trying and in the end I will know!! I am excited to leave though, not excited for the emotional parents of letting their baby girl go, and the emotion of not being able to be with Geoff but its all part of the process. I say bring it on!!! =)
Love
Shanel Sue...

No comments:

Post a Comment