Fox

Fox

Monday, August 16, 2010

Growing Up and Leaving Home! A New Beginning

So I have 2 weeks left till I leave for college and this last week I have faced many stomach aches and emotions! Sometimes I just cry and I don't know why, but I think I am starting to understand. For one being almost that time of month doesn't help. But I have come to realize that the realization of leaving home and everything that is comfortable to me, I am leaving behind. I will be in a state I have never been to, I will have friends and no family. No family to boss me around or tell me what to do 24/7, and sure you could be thinking why aren't you excited? Why are you freaking out because you are leaving? Fear is the number one thing that is the problem! Fear of being in charge of my self and not being able to run down stairs to mom for advice is going to be a big challenge. I sure talk like I'm little Miss. Adult and ready to be on my own, but my mom and dad are who taught me everything I know especially my mom. She has been at my side my whole life even when I went through my terrible teenage years of wanting her to leave me alone! she was always there by my side! She helped me to grow into the person I am today, and to gain the faith I have in my Heavenly Father! Yes at times we don't see eye to eye but what daughter and mom do? Life is about change and fear comes with that change. I don't know why I am so stressed about it but I do know that I will miss my family even though I'm going crazy right now! I will miss them. It will be hard for the both of us but its all a growing process and I guess parents have to realize emptying the nest comes sooner then you think! Stress of being an adult comes sooner then you think! As a youth I wanted to grow up so fast and now I look back and in a way wish it would slow down! I leave for college in 2 weeks!!! I never thought that would happen, and now its here coming at the speed of light. I am grateful for family and how they are there for me but I guess this is a journey I have to figure out on my own, and learn the life lesson of growing up.. Yay me haha
Well wish me luck these next 2 weeks they will be a little bumpy!
Love
Shanel Sue...

No comments:

Post a Comment