Fox

Fox

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Great Weekend!

So Friday was pretty laid back I woke up went to work real early,went and tried to work out but then got a phone call from mommy and so I had to head then home! Well when I got home I went to the mail, which there was a letter from Geoff best day ever I love getting letters =). I decided it would be good for Duke to go to the lake so he could swim so I took him down there and he loved it he enjoyed it a lot, the funny thing is he whines the whole time he is in the water idk why I guess because he is a boy ;) haha! Well I got home relaxed and went to bed early because I was really tired!

Saturday I didn't have work but tried to sleep in, so such luck I was up at 8am blah well I just relaxed and enjoyed doing nothing (I'm ready for college)... Well I had to make rice for the Hawaiian party for singles, but I planed on going to the movies with Cne to see "eat,pray, love" so I dropped the food off and then went and picked up my twin! It really crazy how much a like Cne and I look a like, people mistake us for each other all the time! Well we got to the movie's and talked about all the drama in our life well mostly hers lol, I think it is just nice to vent to a girlfriend that you know won't go behind your back and tell other people or judge you!


Well the movie was long but had a great point to live your life, find balance but sometimes unbalancing your life is the way you balance your life, and enjoy life! However it's a movie I only would watch once lol! Well when I got home my stomach hurt really bad so I just went to bed!
Today was a very inspirational day full of lots of learning! In Sacrament a guy from the bishopric came to talk to us about Heavenly Father being our personal trainer, training us to be spiritually strong and more like him. He strengthens us through our trials and through our trials we become more like him! He talked about the Pioneers and how the endured many things and also related history to events that happened to the saints during this time, like when the saints were in Missouri and had such a tough time well during that time Missouri wasn't a state because it wanted to be a slave state and the saints were voting for no slavery, and the bank that Joseph Smith established the president at that time was a general not a great economic president so the panic of i think the 1830's happened were many banks were harmed and many of people were effected! He told us that the saints that stayed with the church through all the adversity at those times had a understanding of their Heavenly Father and the plan and how we learn to grow like him! I also had a inspirational thought come to mind.
" I have heard many people say if I lived in the times of the Pioneers I couldn't have made it", but here is my thought: we were not put in that time not because we couldn't handle it but because we are STRONGER! We are the chosen ones we will see things that no other person before would, and we will see and feel Satan's power unleashed all over the world, that is why we are here! to be strong and to make the standard of righteousness and not the world"!-Shanel's Thoughts
anyways he told us that we need the strength of the Pioneers that established this church, the amount of faith they had in the lord is unbelievable and there stories still inspire us today!

Well in Sunday School we are in 2 Kings 2 and we are learning about Elijah and the about the Holy Ghost, some said that the Holy Ghost was not in a way being used during this time except from prophets. The guy next to me showed me in the Bible Dictionary what it said "For some reason not fully explained in the scriptures, the Holy Ghost did not operate in the fullness among the Jews during the years of Jesus' mortal sojourn (John7:39; 17; D&C 16:7). Statements to the effect that the Holy Ghost did not come until after Jesus was resurrected must necessity refer to that particular dispensation only, for it is abundantly clear that the Holy Ghost was operative in earlier dispensation." That was really interesting to learn about that and how the Holy Ghost wasn't feeding the people. However I believe that the people didn't have the knowledge or the desire to unhardened their hearts for the Holy Ghost to be there.
In Relief Society I learned of The Lord's Covenant People, we are the people on the earth that has all the keys to the our Heavenly Fathers Gospel and through 3 covenants that make in our life we make it to our Heavenly Father again. So we have Baptism first where we take upon our selves the name of Jesus Christ, which means we get to represent as Jesus Christ; also meaning we take upon our selves other peoples burdens and try to help others. We gain the Holy Ghost who administers through us the Gospel and also brings us peace.

Sacrament is where ever week we have the chance to remember those covenants that we promised and to remember what our savior did for us. and then we have the temple where we are sealed for all time and eternity to our families! So we can be with them forever if we keep the commandments and live by the covenants we made in the temple! We also get to be the first resurrected and granted many things if we live righteously!

Also the Abrahamic Covenant which grants Abraham that his family and off spring will be many of the righteous and will do many great things on this earth! Genesis 17:4-8, Abraham 2:11.
Church was very inspirational and helps me to grow and understand the gospel so much better!
Well I got home, let the dogs out and then Skyped Chelsie!!! That was fun catching up with her, its weird I only have a couple weeks till I leave for college! Well then I cleaned my room a Little organized stuff for college its kinda taking over my room ben's here and there, bedding a furniture haha its great! Hopefully I can get it all there! Well now I'm just waiting to talk to my best friend Thais !!!! I love that girl and miss her but any moment now she should be Skypeing !!
Love Shanel Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment