Fox

Fox

Monday, January 11, 2010

Today....

Well an update on the girl that i had investigating the church is really not that interested.. but i am still being a friend to her.. and still welcoming her! i think that is one thing i have had to learn is patience especially with the gospel.. some people just need you to be there to planet the seed .. or they are scared to join in the amazing gospel because it so different from their life style.. or they do not want to go through a new journey alone.. Our gospel is a life style and not a life style of the world.. I think as i learn how glorious this gospel is.. and how i strive to learn more and to know more my mind is open to different aspects of the gospel.. i think that is why i love science so much and space because Our Father in Heaven created it and how miraculous it is.. to have the power to create..
Today was a pretty mellow day, i went to Seminary which was a really great lesson on ritual Prodigalism, which Sister O'neal used one of Neal A. Maxwells talks called "answer me" (to explain the meaning) which states : Luke 9:23; see also 3 Ne. 12:30.) The Old Testament advises, “He that ruleth” himself is better “than he that taketh a city.” (Prov. 16:32.) Why do some of our youth risk engaging in ritual prodigalism, intending to spend a season rebelling and acting out in Babylon and succumbing to that devilishly democratic “everybody does it”? It is an ironic implementation of that ancient boast, “One soul shall not be lost.” (Moses 4:1.) Which is to constantly to make bad choices even though you know it's wrong.. Teens in the church are sometimes seen a justifieres.. making things seem okay when really they are not.. No one is perfect but i try to keep all the commandment and to do what is right.. I rely on My heavenly father everyday to guide me through my day and to do the things which he would like me to do..
Well school was okay i actually got a 100 on my math quiz so that was a plus.. then I got to Year Book and was assigned another spread.. which is okay i enjoy doing it... Then after school i came home and went to Karrie's Allen's (Derek's mom) and Grandma Millie Jones (Derek's Grandma) to help with scrapbooking.. which i really enjoy , i learn a lot and i love spending time with them.. It was an easy Monday though i labeled stuff organized letters.. then cut out some things for Millie's Kit.. we finished about 4 then i left with mama Allen and went with her to run Dillon his swim gear =] .. that was fun, we got to talk a little and Derek seems to be liking that i am hanging out with her =] ... Derek's family just has a sweet spirit to them.. they are fun and crazy which is what i am used to =] .. they love unconditional and are great people... It's fun to have girl time..
I got to read an e-mail from Derek today : "Ok so Canada... My trainer is Elder Peck from Utah! way cool guy. We just opened a new area in the mission so I am where no missionary has been! Way cool! It is a little town called Hanover and covers about 20 little towns surrounding it! Its is really out here in farm land with lots of snow! I am always freezing! It got to -17 yesterday! yikes! We do have a nice apartment yet we have already lost our key to our mailbox so we are ordering a new one! Umm I have three new investigators one is a lady named Dorthy, She was my find on the street! We taught her the first lesson, and she and I were teary eyed after I quoted the wonderful first vision to her! The spirit was so strong. She then went and told us how she was healthy but yet she smokes, but wants to stop. I then gave her a brief on the word of wisdom, and how we can help her with THAT! She has such a strong hunger for the word of god! I am really glad to have met her. my days go finding and more finding. we knock door to door all day! By lunch its hard not to be down, you are freezing cold we come in to let ourselves thaw and to eat and are kinda down from all the no and rude comments, but then I see the picture of you and me right next to my Christ picture and I know know why! I am out here so i can catch up to my wonderful amazing girlfriend and her spirituality and to serve my savior Jesus Christ to try to make an attempt to pay a sacrifice for my life for him! Oh i also have a solo in our branch in two weeks wish you could be there, i also play the piano for priesthood! The mission is way fun! Its crazy the first week of this transfer is already over! oh how time is flying! and freezing, cant wait for spring!
Haha he is having a great time and realizes the hard work that goes into a mission.. Can't wait to see how more amazing he is when he gets back!!

Well reading that and not having to wait for letter for 2 weeks really brightened my day!!!
Well that was my day
Love Shanel

No comments:

Post a Comment