Fox

Fox

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Death is not the end

So today at 4:27 p.m. My grandfather Harold R. Sorensen passed away after i told him good bye over the phone... He couldn't talk but i know he heard me, My dad said i needed to talk to him because he was holding on for some reason and they thought it was because i wasn't there. So I told him that I loved him and that i was sorry I wasn't there. I told him to not hold on, that he was going to a better place and to meet with his parents again. I told him that he was a great grandfather and that I would miss him, but I knew we would see each other again. It is weird to think that one of your family members is gone, you feel almost in a twilight zone. My grandpa was only 73 when he passed. I am grateful that I have the gospel in my life that teaches me of the Plan of Salvation. How blessed I am to know the plan that Our Heavenly Father has set up for us. When I got the news almost 1 hour after I talked to him that he passes, I was sad that he had dies, but I know i will miss him. See I am the type of person that doesn't like drama, Deaths, or bad news, I almost isolate myself from the world, because I want to figure things out for myself (I think I got that from my gradpa, he is very stuborn). My parents new if I would go that I would push away for a little bit instead of dealing with it at hand, (my future husband will probably be oppisite and know what to do). I am not saying I am emo or anything I just dont like to show that I am crying, or sad, or even sick. I am used to being the strong one who keeps everything together.. I did have my crying moment because yes it is very sad when someone dies. However I know I will see him again and now I know he will be there to see me walk at graduation! Wow this year has been filled with surprises.. I am grateful for my dad who is being sp strong and shares with his family the importance of the gospel. Even though they don't believe in the same things . I have learned that keeping in touch with your family is very important and that is one thing i regret.. not calling my grandparents enough!! I will work on that more!!
My week on my own so far has been lots of fun with Megan Diuguid by my side, We saw Zombie Prom then watched a movie called One Good Man, and didn't get to bed till 12.. then got up for seminary.. haha its already feels like a college experience.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment