Fox

Fox

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Working out and getting rewarded!

So I started running my first week of intervals. It was far better then I could have ever expected. Running 1min and briskly walking 2 min was a lot better then trying to kill myself to run a straight mile. It also only took about 21min which is amazing. So if you have been debating whether to start running or not stop putting it off! Get up today and change your life and feel better. I have been researching a lot of my pins on Pinterest on working out, meal plans, eating healthy and so forth. I found an amazing blog today. I feel that everyone should read this blog and take notes, I know I have. I have learned so much in the past two days from this blog that I am inspired and not willing to give up! She has great advice on how to stay motivated by changing up your routine, she has links to work out videos, yoga videos, and even muscle toning. She has recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks,drinks, desserts and even some not so healthy foods that you can every now and then eat. Are you ready for this amazing blog yet? ok here it is Undresses Skeleton She is not a doctor or health physician she is simply a girl who new she was over weight and needed to become more healthy and shares how she got there and what she does. Don't be shy go look at all you can. Educate yourself on becoming healthy, it definitely is not something you are just born with, or even like even as a little kid. But it is something you can become better at and that is my plan. I also wanted to share with you some amazing Apps I have now that really help me in a lot of ways. Lets start with "Water Your Body" This app is to help you drink the right amount of water each day, I really like it because I can change the bottle or glass size to fit how I am drinking water that day. It also is fun to see the amount of Oz you are drinking that day, week, or month. I highly recommend this when you are working out because you need to stay hydrated. "My Fitness Pal" I have heard about this App for a long time now but never looked into it. It is fabulous. You can calculate really everything on this. My favorite part is the tracking food part, I can scan barcodes of food I am eating and it will find it for me and I just put the amount of serving size's I ate of that food. It even picked up on a grocery store made salsa. It calculates all the calories you are eating, and even everything on the label of foods you are eating. I love it. I almost for got to mention that you can add friends to this app and share pictures and comment on each others progress! This is a great motivational tool to help you on those days you just don't want to do it. Now I know many of you might be thinking why do I need to write down the foods I am eating and calculate all that stuff. This goes back to that amazing blog I have been talking about, Taralynn, the writer of the blog simple explains that at first it seems annoying and time consuming to write it all down and calculate it. However after a while of doing it you will simple just know what to do, what to eat and portion sizes automatically. Apps and technology really help with this. So don't get frustrated get smarter =). Okay now for a glory moment of yesterdays work out. My friend and I just finished running and we were walking a few laps around to cool down, when a girl asked us if we could answer a few questions. so we did and she asked us if we knew what I-Cover was we said no, so she explained it to us and its a lot like Guitars Unplugged for those BYU-Idaho students out there you should have an idea of what I am talking about. Basically students from the college that have musical talent go through auditions for doing covers of popular songs and get chosen to perform in front of the whole school. Well for helping them with there question and answers and doing a few push-ups for their video. We both got a free ticket! Yes Rob and I have a cheap date night this weekend to go to =). So go work out and look for benifets in any way! Feel free to leave comments and share some of your glory moments of getting fit and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment