Fox

Fox

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day on Sunday


My mom got the earrings she wanted from me and the flowers from my Brother TJ and Kristina!!

So Today was a great day going to church and learning the importance of Motherhood! Sister Julander talked about being a mom to her new twin boys. "Motherhood isn't easy, if it was husbands would do it" haha that is the quote of the day! After Sacrament the Bishop got up and all the moms got flowers, well then he said for the young women who are 18 and older need to stand up and get flowers!! OMG seriously are they trying to get me married all ready haha jk it was nice though!


In Sunday school Papa Duiguid taught our class about "lest you forget" he asked us what kind of pictures we had hanging in our house we mostly said family, temple, Jesus Christ, art and ect. He asked us what those pictures help us to remember? Well they help us to remember the importance of family and what the plan is if we stay on the right track. Then he asked what if we had pictures of gold and jewelry what would that represent? He told us it would represent idealism and went on to talk about Satan and his temptations to deceive and lull the youth!! it was really good


Sunday School we learned about the importance of record keeping and writing a journal especially now!! So when our daughters are our age we can have them read things we went through. She gave us a letter from our mothers also talking about the day we were born mine said:
"Shanel Sorensen's birthday- September 30, 2010
Shanel's birthday was a very special day for me. It was a day that started out with lots of fear and concern and ended with the greatest feeling I ever thought possible.
It was a day that I had wished for most of my life, a wish that I wasn't sure was ever going to happen, after a problem delivering her older brothers 7 years before. I was told 7 years before that to have more children could endanger the babies life as well as my own and that we both would probably die. But I knew that I had little girls in heaven and I didn't care if I died trying to have them it was worth the risk for me.
The morning I was to go to the hospital to have her I prayed harder then I had ever prayed in my life. After having the doctors tell me from the beginning of my pregnancy with Shanel to not get my hopes up that I would probably never be able to carry her to term, to be going to the hospital, even though they had said I could still lose her at this point, because they thought she was several weeks early, my heart was filled with so much love and desire to just hold her and bring her home that I could not stop crying. I was excited beyond measure and after my prayer I knew she would be okay.
After the doctor brought her into the world, with an incubator and special care nurses all around us ready to snatch her and save her if needed, he held her feet up with tears rolling down his face and proclaimed that we didn't need the incubator that she was big and healthy and that he thought she would be fine! They washed her up and checked her out and then finally I got to hold her for the first time.
With her dad and grandparents all there with tears filled faces, I felt that I could never be as happy and grateful as I was at that moment again. I knew that God had preserved us and that he loved us. I felt like the most blessed mom in the world, and knew that she was special daughter of God and that she must have a special purpose here on this earth. I have always taken great pride and joy being honored to have been chosen to be her mom. Raising her and her sister has been my greatest joy."

My first Birhtday!!

I was 6 and Jessica was 1
This showed me how important my mom is to me, and how much she sacrificed just to have my sister and i!!! I can see were I get my stubbornness from also haha never give up especially when its something you really want!

My mom always being by my side!!
\
Mom I love you and I am so grateful for you in my life!!!
Love,
Shanel

No comments:

Post a Comment