Fox

Fox

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Valentines Day


So if you dont know this I have always loved Valentines Day probably because of the colors but most of all because my dad never for got to remind, not only my mom but also my sister and I that he loved us. I woke up for 19 years to flowers in my room and a card telling me how proud he was and how much he loved me. My dad created an example of how I needed to be treated and he understood that one of my love languages was recieving gifts.
So after I got married Rob has taken over that role like a champ and is always spoiling me and making sure I feel loved. He does an amazing job at it and really thinks about the gift he is going to give me. However me on the other hand I really really struggle in this department. Many of my "awesome" gifts that I have tried to come up with either take a month longer to get here, broken when we recieved them, or just really werent as "awesome" as I thought. Rob would disagree and say he loves all my gifts but I think he is just being nice 😉.
On the other hand since September of last year we have been part of Jordan Page (funcheaporfree.com) BudgetBootcamp.com and have been paying off debt like crazy. We took a little break in November and bought somethings we both have really been wanting for a while. However now that it's the new year we have really been getting back into gear. We have some pretty hefty goals to meet by July. A new baby coming in May and a two year mark to be completly debt free! It might seem a little far fetch but when you really find a system that works, you sacrifice for a short time, and you start paying things off you really feel like you're accomplishing things.
So with that we took some advice from Jordan, where her and her husband switch off Valentines Day and their Anniversary! So I have Valentines Day and Rob had our Anniversary this year! Then next year we switch. We figured we would save money by one of us just spoiling the other. Believe me, I had some great plans, like a couples massge. However I have to be a least 8 months pregnant in order to get one at the spa I really wanted to go. So that was a bust. The Disney Lion King on Broadway is in Michigan right now but all the good seats are taken and I didnt want to risk $300 tickets (for both) to be a waste. I was feeling a little discouraged because I wanted to do my best! Seriously Rob deserves a great night with how hard he works, at work and at home. So I just started talking to him about things he wants to do. He said you know I really just want to go to the movies! I thought what!?? However he then said, since L was born we haven't gone to a movie theater. We used to do that a lot and I enjoyed it! So I got to work. I will let you know about how it goes later, since I still have a week and half!.
But heres another thought. Jordan Page the mommy blogger I talk about a lot. Was talking about the trips her and her husband were taking this year and how and why they can do it. She stated something that hit me hard and reminded me of our goals. They are in a place in there life where they are out of debt, savings in the bank, retirement is being saved, their business are making money. She said we are in "Phase 2" of budgeting. Which means they can save and plan for "expensive" trips. This point that I want to make is you have to scarifice so you can live your "dream life". So to have my dream life of traveling and being debt free. I have to just stick with some simpler dates. That way we can eventually plan for those more exciting trips! Being reminded of the big picture is sometimes what we need in life. When we are in the middle of our own struggles or hard goals it can be hard to think we will ever accomplish them. But when we have support and encouagement we can do it. And I have to remind myself that I put way more preasure on myself as an individual, wife and mother then anyone else. In reality I'm doing a pretty good job not perfect but none of us are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment