Fox

Fox

Saturday, March 26, 2011

A really awesome day

So yesterday I woke up and helped my dad fixes my brakes on my Honda and then finished getting ready to go get Lizzie for her first lesson with the missionaries. Well I left and picked up Lizzie and her 1 1/2 year old Bella. as we drove over there we talked and she just told me that she was really nervous but that she was able to get read the Book of Mormon stories to Bella and they got through 25 pages! Awesome! So we get they and we meet the missionaries at the Conroe Chapel. They talked to her about the restoration and answered a lot of her questions that she had. After about an hour they finished up the lesson and took us around the ward building to show Lizzie what to expect when she came to church next Sunday! One the way home she would just say "For the first time in my life I don't have to know something completely to know it is true!" I told her that Heavenly Father had me come home for this semester for many reason and one of them were for her. That when I started talking to her December 2009 that I have never felt the Holy Ghost so strong and the love that Heavenly Father has for her! She kinda cried a little and we talked some more. When I dropped her off she said" Shanel I am really Happy you came home". I just smiled and said "me too".
Well after that spiritual high I went over to Amber and Ashley Lyman's house to help them figure out their classes and what to do. So I showed them everything and how to do it and we all talked for a little bit and then I had to run home.
I ran home and got ready to go out with Michael. He is a returned missionary that served in Las Vegas. He just got back 24 days ago haha. Well it was a lot of fun. We went and ate at Chili's which was pretty good. We got to talk about our families and how very similar they are in some ways. We then went to Main Event and played air hockey, which I won both times haha so then we went and played some shooting games which he beat me pretty good at. We went on this "roller coater" ride which was pretty funny because we were way to big for that ride. haha Well after that we went to Berry Pop over by the water way and he had his first frozen yogurt! Then we went and sat down by the water fountains and just talked. It was pretty funny and interesting to talk to him. He is definitely a guy who knows what he wants, and doesn't care what others think of him. We are complete opposites but have similar goals in life. But it was a great night.
Being home I have learned a lot and have met a lot of people. It has been fun and exciting, and a little frustrating at times but I am ready to head back to school and to have a whole lot more fun! I am pretty excited to see what this semester holds for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment