Fox

Fox

Monday, June 13, 2016

ONE


So I was at a BBQ with some friends last night. When we started talking about what we wish we would have known before giving birth. We talked about how your emotions are pretty high, how sleep deprived you are, and to give yourself some slack. I started thinking yes that is very true!
I was lucky enough to have my mother in law with me the first three months and she told me it takes a year to start feeling like  yourself again. So I was trained/ learned the hard way, it's true! It take ONE full year for your body to completely recover from caring a child for 9 + months, giving birth,  then breast feeding, healing, and the emotional ups and downs of caring for a baby. L just turned one last month and I can tell you these past couple of weeks have been amazing!
I feel more and more like a new version of myself. I have began to love my body, fit into my prepregnancy jeans (this past saturday!) And found myself as a mother.
Of course things are not perfect, I will never have the body I had before I had my little L! But that's OK and it's OK to give yourself that one year to recover! Enjoy the moments know that we are all feeling the same way or have been there!
Shanel

No comments:

Post a Comment