Fox

Fox

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The trip to Turkey...

So Sunday night I spent as much time with Robbie as I could and then finished packing, and then waited in the living room till it was time for Stephanie to take me to the bus stop. So at 1:45am Stephanie and I left and waited for the bus to get there. She walked me to the bus gave me a hug and wished me off. Once I was on the bus and ready to go I fell asleep till our one break, then went back to sleep to the air port. Well after getting through customes at the airport we sat at the gate because our flight was delayed and then when we got into the plane and were off to New York. I feel asleep all the way to New York also! Well we got off the plane and I was hungry so Madaline and I went to the end of the terminal where I found pizza! Well after eating we boarded our plane and then had to wait to leave because President Obama was landing so all the planes came to a stand still, however I got to see Air Force One which was pretty cool. Well then we were off and I pretty much slept through that flight off and on so it wasn't to bad and I got dinner and breakfast. Then plane ride was pretty cool because we had some guys that were our age who were from Turkey teaching us phrases to say like Hello, Thank You, etc.
Well once I got off that plane I was happy and ready to sleep. However we had to get visas and then get our baggage then get onto the bus. So I sat with Diana and we drove all through the city. We stopped for lunch in the New City of Istanbul. The guide toward us around and actually brought us to the place where there was a Christian Church where a counsel was held to determine what nature Jesus Christ was, either Immortal or Mortal. Well after that we were allowed to explore a couple of the blocks to get what we wanted to eat. I noticed a few things about the people 1st they are very trusting people and have stuff just laying out every where. 2 Alot of people smoke here and all the time! 3rd that they really dont use any spices in the food that I have tried so far. 4th the women are very modest and the people seem to be very nice. We actually ran into this shop where they spoke pretty good english and we learned that you order first go sit down then go and pay after you are done. It was really amazing to see these things. Well after that they took us on another tour of the city going over bridges and so forth and back into the Old City where we went to a market place where thet sell a lot of things. I noticed that Turkey is very much modern and they have almost all the same stores as we do. However we eventually found everything I was really looking for! The true Turkey! I bought this amazing hand painted plate that is gorgeous and a bracelet. We all just walked around just getting to know the culture which is not to far off from ours. However I don't think I can handle the smoking so much. But we will not be in the city that long so it shouldn't be too bad! I am excited to see what tomorrow brings. (Pictures will be added).

No comments:

Post a Comment