Fox

Fox

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Rexburg then off to Turkey and Greece

So being back in the Burg has been great and exciting. I got off the bus to my wonderful boyfriend there to see me. As I looked towards the back of the bus I see his smiling face and I light up. We are reunited and have had a wonderful time together. I think I have learned so much with Robbie. He is completely opposite from me and I really do love that. He is calm, thinks through everything, and always seems to be there just when I need him. He is comforting and probably one of the funniest people I know. Robbie and I can just laugh for hours. But the most important thing is that We are still figuring everything out and we go through times where we don't know but I think that is the point of life is taking chances and hoping that it turns out right. When creating a relationship there is so much to learn, the ups and downs, and manly me figuring out things about myself I never knew. However those choices in life that change our life and set the path to a new adventure are never easy and it's always a "process" it's taking steps in life you never thought you would and taking chances that you have no idea if they will ever work out or not. However it's when we make that choice that the path is set. I have learned that making choices are hard but are so worth it. So going to Turkey and Greece will be ultimately life changing for me, I'm not happy leaving Robbie here however I know this is something I need to do.
So that is what I am doing I leave on probably the most amazing trips, I can take that will help define me and make me who I am. I can't tell you how strong the Holy Ghost is when I read my scriptures, pray, and learning about the New Testament and the things that Paul did. He is inspiring and a true disciple of Jesus Christ he has taught me to not fear the future but to embrace it with righteousness. That as we go through life with righteousness we should not fear. I have so much to look forward to and I know that Heavenly Father has a pretty amazing plan for me as long as I have the desire to do his will. I know this trip will do wonders for me but it makes me even more excited for what is in store for me after that.
One thing I remembered today is this sign my mom had up all when I was growing up. It was a statue of Jesus Christ and a quote that said "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it". That is something we have to remember all through life is that we will have good and bad times but there is always another chapter awaiting us. There is always something better awaiting us. Brother Call one of my teachers going on the trip with me said Friday "We must learn patience in our Heavenly Father, and have faith in our Savior Jesus Christ". I will hopefully always remember that and what my purpose on this earth is and that is to prove myself to my Heavenly Father.
The big day is Monday when I leave to Turkey!!! We will see what happens!
Love Shanel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment