Fox

Fox

Monday, March 29, 2010

A long week/weekend of drama and not feeling good!

So this last week was a lot of fun and sad!

I found out this week one of my really good friends got pregnant and that her parents were making her get an abortion!! So being the person I am I comforted her and told her she has options and that killing this baby would be the worst thing for her to do. My mom even told her she could come live with us if she needed. However her parents wasted no time and she got the abortion. I cried so hard and I wasn't even with her. I know by what I believe and have so much faith in, that that little spirit was waiting a life time to get the chance to obtain a body to be with its Heavenly Father. I didn't understand how parents could do that to their own daughter and risk her salvation. However with comfort from my mom who I love and hold dear to my heart told me that first I can't control everything in my life or peoples lives, and second that they have the agency to choose for them selves. Ah I dis-like agency sometimes (not really, just when people don't do what's right). However the feeling I got that day I will never for get, the Holy Ghost gave me the feeling of accomplishment, that I have made it through the little version of heal it self, HIGH SCHOOL. I can say that I am a senior in high school and still a virgin and still have my integrity and virtue! That I am grateful to have parents who have taught me the gospel and the standards and the blessing from living those standards. That I will not be put in a situations such as worrying about getting pregnant, and changing my life plans due to consequences by those actions. I can go to college with these standards that will keep me safe and bless me throughout my life. Even though that spirit was taken from this Earth I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for that little spirit and at least it got the first step down :) .

Thursday Thais and I left school together went and got our nails done and got a pre summer glow by getting a spray tan. We had a great time especially going to institute where we laugh uncontrollable due to Thais being on lots of pain medicine for her ear and me a lack of sleep. We all went to Sonic afterwards with a bunch of friends, when my mom texts that she was going to see "How to train your Dragon" at the mid-night showing. I asked Thais if she wanted to go or let me take her home. Well of course she wanted to go, so she called her "American mom" but she wasn't home. When Janelle got home she had her son Jay called her and Janelle wouldn't talk to her. Well lets just say Thais doesn't understand why Janelle did that and there have been other issues. Well after taking care of Thais I consoled her to go talk to the Bishop who could understand her situation and help her spiritually get through it. So she took my advise and as usual I was right :) haha I love it when that happens. I can say that my mom always told me if I had a issue or situation I didn't know what to do or fix, that no matter what my bishop would be there for me, which he always has been. How grateful I truly am to live at this time when the world is at disturbance and has no idea what to do, that I know what to do and what the plan that Heavenly Father has set up for me.

Friday I really started not to feel good and didn't go to school again!! So my mom being worried this whole month took me to the doctor who did some test to figure out why I keep getting sick, when usually I only go in once a year for a check up. We found out that by them switching the medicines I was on, it messed up my system and now I have to go through a detox which makes me even sicker, and due to being on my period for a month I got a bladder infection, which my doctor was wonder why I didn't notice it, (well that is due to having horrific craps, yeah to where I didn't notice that I had a bladder infect) sorry probably TMI but that is my life in a nut-shell haha.

Saturday I spent the day with my mom and went to mall and got a few things with some gift card I had just sitting in my purse. I still wasn't feeling to good but went to my last Young Women's broadcast! Which we learned simple steps and also about our "happy ever after" President Uchdorf did a great job talk to the young women who think they are very much princess! :) He told us that Fairy Tales about princesses, or how a maiden or servant becomes a princess have very similarities to our lives. As told in the stories the girl starts off with a trial maybe evil step sisters, or being a servant girl, they all have to face a trail. But the best part is they always have a Happily Ever After! Which is very much true to the life we live as young women! We are obedient to the gospel and live our lives accordingly but we always are tested and given trials to get to our Happily Ever After which is to be sealed in the temple for time and all eternity! Caitlen and I are getting a mirror and putting on it "Our Happily Ever After has just begun" Hahah this is the world of girls, truly. We as young girls dream of fairy tales and happy endings but as we get older that hope and dream becomes harder and harder! However always worth it!

Sunday was also another SPIRITUAL day, with great announcement of two of my friends coming back from their mission and Katie Alley getting her Patriarchal blessing was awesome. As I sat through the fire side that night I found out about the conversion of brother Link. At the age of 10 after his grandfather died his grandfather appeared to him in his room, didn't say a word just stood there, until Brother Link got up to reach out to him. He ran to his mom who told him he was crazy.
He went through life with 3 questions he asked every church:
1 Did you believe in Angles, and did you believe that they can appear in this day and time?
2. What is the power that Jesus had and how do you get it?
3. How do you get to heaven and gain salvation

No church could give him an answer that gave him the prompting to join that church. It wasn't till he was 21 working on computers he was sent a guy to work with him on computers that was a return missionary. One night brother Link had tickets to a hockey game and offered Chip (the return missionary) to go. He said he couldn't because he was going to church that he was over the young men and had to be there. So Brother Link asked him okay I don't want to hear what you believe in I just want you to answer these 3 questions, so he asked him the questions and Chip answered them all! So he was convinced and went to a fireside where they showed a movie about a conversion story. He cried which he was always taught to be a man, and realized that even the huge missionary from Sweden was crying. After the fireside he met with the missionaries, was baptised and it didn't stop there. His bishop asked him if he ever thought to go on a mission? which he said no. But as the months went on he figured that he wanted to marry a young women from the church, however they are always taught to marry a return missionary, not only that he was in a priesthood fireside when the men where told to serve a mission he was sitting in the back of the room where there was a wall, a hand was placed on his shoulder and a man whispered (his grandfather) that he needed his work to be done. through his life his grandfather helped him a long the way to help him get his grandfather where he needed to be. He told us that our lives don't stop and we never stop converting, we never stop talking about the gospel or sharing the gospel. He also encouraged every young man to serve a mission, which is always awesome! I am just amazed at how this gospel changes peoples lives for the best, not to make it easier but to help them gain salvation.

Love Shanel

No comments:

Post a Comment