Fox

Fox

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Baby #2

So maybe you want to know how baby #2 went? Or your just wondering how Im doing after baby #2. Well we will have to start from the beginning.
So on May 1 I went to the doctor. She said I was dilated between a 1 and 2 but I wasn't in active labor. I started talking to one of my besties Stacey and we decided that she would come up for a few days to help me and in case I went into labor. This was the one thing I was most worried about which was Lilly. We didn't want to mess with her schedule to much or take her away from her home if we were in the hospital. So luckily I had Stacey! She got to our house around 10pm that night. On May 2 at 4am  I started having contraction they were 3 to 5 minutes apart but after about 30-45min they began  to go 10min, 20min, then a couple hours. So I just slept. Robbie stayed home and worked from home just in case. And Stacey helped with kids and food. I contracted off and on all day. Then around 5pm they began to be more intense, long contraction and were in the right time frame 3 to 5min apart! So we got our last picture of a family of three and then headed to the hospital!


The drive was about 20min with little to no traffic just hard contraction and lots of breathing. I wanted to walk from the parking lot so Robbie parked. It felt better to walk then sit. I did have to stop a couple times because the contraction were so hard but we got there. Robbie made sure to take photos of this.


They got me into Triage. Checked me I was dilated between a 4 and 5. So I was admitted, the guy came in to do my IV but missed twice (which was so painful) so he called in our delivery nurse Sarah and she did it on the first try and it didn't really hurt. By now my contraction were super hard and I was having horrible back labor so I was screaming a lot... I really wanted my Epidural pronto. So Sarah got us to our delivery room. She realized I was in a lot of pain and she taught Robbie to push on my hips when I was contracting. That was an amazing pain release while we were waiting on my epidural. They needed to take blood and test it before I could get the epidural. However since this was my 2nd go around Sarah asked the Anesthesiologist if I could just get it since I didn't have any bad reactions last time. He came right in and got it going. The first time he went to put it in he hit a nerve (not on purpose) and I felt a shock go through my my right leg. I screamed really loud. So he took it out and re-adjusted and it went right in. He gave me a booster shot while the epidural was taking affect (I love those boosters!) So I just laid right down and relaxed. 

Robbie and I thought we had a while before this little miss was coming. The nurse started asking me questions especially about my past delivery. She reassured me that I would have a way better experience this time. I kept feeling pressure so I wasn't sure if I need to go to the bathroom. The nurse checked me and said I was dilated to a 6. They felt the baby and she was turned at a weird angle so they wanted to get her to straighten out. They had me roll over onto a bean bag to see if she would move. By now I'm really feeling pressure. So she checks me and says you are dilated to an 8 this baby is coming. So they called the doctor in and flipped me back around. She checked me and said yep she coming. So I started to push when I felt that pressure. They didn't rush me or try to force me to push. And at the very end they saw the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck so they had me stop pushing so they could cut it off. Trying to not push is probably the hardest thing to try and do. But they cut the cord and within a couple pushes she was out! I push for maybe 20 min and had the epidural in for maybe an hour or so.
They placed her right on my chest and it was amazing. I cried so hard because I got the moment I wanted last time. I felt so blessed and that Heavenly Father listened to all my prayers and knew all my fears. He helped me to have the right people. Sarah our delivery nurse stayed by my side and even stayed in our room after she moved us to the room we would stay in. I just felt like she cared and knew what I needed at that moment. Super grateful!

We named her Ruby and she is such a cuddly little baby. She really just wanted to sleep on my chest all the time. She passed all of her tests. And when they took her blood and the 24hr mark they gave her some Sucrose and a binky and she didn't even cry. I was so impressed and the nurse stated that a baby shouldn't  cry over these tests. The nurses helped me remember how to breast feed and get her to latch properly. Miss R has a shallow latch because she is smaller then L was. But hopefully we can over come that as she grows.
L came to meet baby sister and she loves her little sister and just wants to give her hugs and kisses. 

That was another worry of mine as well but even at 1 month she is still so in love with her sister.
My healing has gone a lot faster, and I didn't swell this time. I do have a lot of back pain due to my back labor. So hopefully after my 6 to 8 weeks I can start working through that. Trying not to over do it or vacuum......
My dad came into town that following Friday after R was born. It was really nice to have extra pair of hands around and to have someone just hold R or feed L.

Then Ls birthday was May 26 so we went down to Columbus for the long weekend to celebrate with friends and family. Carter the oldest Talbert Cousin turned 8 and chose to be baptized. That was a really big deal for me. Carter is such a great example for his siblings and for my girls. It was great to see L watch as her cousin was baptized! These are important moments I feel for my kids to watch.

Well later that day we had L's Frozen Summer Fever birthday party. We had some yummy mini cakes and pizza. All the kids got to play at the park and L enjoyed opening her presents!




Monday we headed back to Michigan and Tuesday Deborah came to be with us for 5 days! It was nice to have her here and helping and letting me take naps. Or even getting L in the morning so I could sleep in a little. She even took L to the pool which L really enjoyed.

So baby #2 hasn't been bad. I actually feel more calm probably because I have been through this before. I know I will sleep in again some day.  I also have so much support which is nice. But I really enjoy being a mother, I think it has made me a way better person.


No comments:

Post a Comment