Fox

Fox

Friday, April 12, 2013

Some Healthy Tries

So I have been seeing lots of recipes for Quinoa, and it happens that my husband really wants to have meals with out meat. I couldn't believe I heard that when I did. We have some kind of meat in our dinner every night. However meat is a little expensive so we are trying some alternatives. We had Quinoa taco's, they were really good and here are somethings I learned. 1st you can cook Quinoa in a rice cooker, however make sure your rinse the Quinoa before cooking. If you don't have a thin strainer put a paper towel in the bottom of your strainer it should rinse the Quinoa and help you not to lose it. 2nd 1 cup of Quinoa can make enough for 4 to 8 people. This is something good to know because it's just my husband and I so we have lots of left overs. 3rd it took only 1 taco to fill me up. 4th I reduced a lot of the spices, because I am still trying to figure out my spice tolerance haha so cutting the spices in half was the perfect amount. It had great taste but wasn't killing my mouth. 5th I didn't have chicken broth and so I looked up substitutes, so I used soy sauce (The recipe is near the end for soy sauce on the link)! It was great and didn't take away from the flavor. My husband really enjoyed the Quinoa and went back for 3rds! So it was a hit and we will have it again for sure. I have been working out everyday this week and I can really notice a difference in my endurance and body. My running seems easier and I am beginning to really enjoy working out. It really helps me to stay focused and feel like i am being motivated. I haven't watch any of my t.v. shows in 2 weeks! I am sure i have a lot to catch up on. But I almost don't miss it. T.v. to me seems to just take up all my time and I feel so unmotivated to do anything. I hope all of you are enjoying your weekend, I know I will be!

2 comments:

  1. Shanel,
    I love your creative ideas. I haven't tried Quinoa, but it is a good idea to know how to cook a meal without using meat. You are such a good wife for Robbie. I am glad he found you. :) -Robbies Aunt Susan

    Also I added your blog to my blog list over at Mothers Who Know. I hope it brings you traffic! You are so cute and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed you comment. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete